Sofie Caldecott’s father Stratford is a huge comic book fan and loves Marvel films — but unfortunately, due to his advanced prostate cancer, he was too ill to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier in theaters.
With the DVD release set for August probably too late for the lifelong comic book fan, Sofie is not only trying to fulfill her father’s dying wish to see the movie by getting an early copy of the movie, but she’s going the extra distance by asking the Avengers actors to take selfies with the hashtag #CapForStrat to show her ailing father their messages of support.
So far Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Chris Evans (Captain America), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) and several non-Avengers have answered her call to assemble, but she’s still missing Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) to complete the entire set of theatrical Avengers for her cause.
Mark Ruffalo (Hulk)
Chris Evans (Captain America)
Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye)
Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury)
Chloe Bennet & Clark Gregg (Skye & Agent Coulson)
Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill)
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time