1. Startups — not big industry — will jumpstart global productivity.
By Ganesh Rasagam and Victor Mulas at CNBC
2. Blaming social networks for fake news takes the heat off real media’s shortcomings.
By Jessi Hempel in Backchannel
3. Could hypothermia save gunshot victims?
By Nicola Twilley in the New Yorker
4. This is why kids need recess.
By Alia Wong in the Atlantic
5. We might need a new government agency to keep us safe from attacks on the so-called Internet of Things.
By Dennis Fisher in On The Wire
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.