1. Independent and third party candidates could break D.C. gridlock — if they can get to Washington.
By Tom Squitieri in the Hill
2. A new software project has surgeons keeping score as a way to improve performance and save lives.
By James Somers in Medium
3. The New American Workforce: In Miami, local business are helping legal immigrants take the final steps to citizenship.
By Wendy Kallergis in Miami Herald
4. Policies exist to avoid the worst results of head injuries in sports. We must follow them to save athletes’ lives.
By Christine Baugh in the Chronicle of Higher Education
5. Sal Khan: Use portfolios instead of transcripts to reflect student achievement.
By Gregory Ferenstein at VentureBeat
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.