1. 1,000 new visas is a good start, but to continue building trust, the U.S. must further expand the visa program for Afghans assisting ISAF at great risk.
By Jordan Larson in Vice
2. It's not too late for the Internet to ditch pop-up ads and build a better web.
By Ethan Zuckerman in the Atlantic
3. A peace deal may be the only way to relieve Gaza's "health disaster."
By Dana Lea in Politically Inclined
4. Now ubiquitous, mobile phones can close the gap for maternal health care.
By Becky Allen and Jenna Karp at the Council on Foreign Relations
5. To save the African elephant, we must ban all ivory sales for a decade or more.
By Daniel Cressey in Nature
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.