By Denver Nicks
June 4, 2014

The disgraced owner of the Los Angeles Clippers Donald Sterling has agreed to sell the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer for $2 billion, reversing his previous promise not to sell.

Sterling is also dropping his $1 billion lawsuit against the NBA filed last week, his attorney Bobby Samini told NBC News.

In an interview with NBC on Tuesday, Sterling said he is ready to “move on.” The 80-year-old drew widespread criticism and was slapped with a $2.5 million fine by the NBA and banned for life after audio recordings surfaced of him making racist comments.

Last week, the NBA canceled a planned hearing on proceedings to oust Sterling from his ownership of the Clippers.

The NBA board of governors must still approve the sale before it is finalized.

[NBC News]

Contact us at editors@time.com.

You May Like

EDIT POST