For the 15 million people who care for someone with dementia, the financial toll can be as devastating as the personal loss. Here's how to address the outsized cost of the disease.
Coping With Aging’s Costliest Challenge
Read the story from the December 2015 issue of MONEY.
- The Early Stage: Facing a Difficult Truth
- The Middle Stage: Managing Rising Costs
- The Final Stage: Providing Round-the-Clock Care
- The full story on a single page
Three Families’ Stories
Meet people caring for a loved one with dementia, and read about the financial advice they’ve received.
- A Daughter’s Sacrifice (includes video)
- A Guy Worries About His Gal (includes video)
- Protecting a Father’s Legacy
- Photo Essay: Faces of Dementia
Resources for You
If someone you know is at risk of dementia, or is
already suffering from the disease, find help here.
- Organizations, websites, and tools for addressing all aspects of dementia care
- 5 essential documents for protecting a loved one with dementia
- Video: The Financial Toll of Dementia – Writer Donna Rosato shares what she learned reporting this story.