Personal finance from around the Web:
- Who on television is a surprisingly prolific dispenser of wise personal finance advice? You won’t, ahem, view her on the investing channels — it’s Whoopi Goldberg. [WalletPop]
- Can’t get any credit? It’s not because you don’t have “Rockefeller” as a surname. Even America’s affluent business owners and entrepreneurs are having a hard time wrangling money from traditional lenders. [The Wall Street Journal]
- LifeLock, the identity-theft-protection company whose CEO has famously publicized his social security number in its advertising, is paying a whopping $12 million to settle deceptive-advertising accusations made by the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC alleged “scare tactics” and “false claims” by LifeLock. [CreditBloggers]
- What will be the next market bubble to pop? Here are three leading candidates. [Generation X Finance]
- Chances are your real estate isn’t worth what it used to be. But there are other ways to milk some money out of your property. Try these tips on tax write-offs. [Wise Bread]
Follow More Money on Twitter at http://twitter.com/moremoneyblog.