- New York may follow the practice of at least 20 other states and start publishing the names of its biggest tax delinquents online. [Economix]
- Yes, the price of gold has zoomed upward in 2009. But palladium’s performance leaves gold in the dust. [The Big Picture]
- While Americans are generally supportive of a government-run “public option” insurance plan as part of a health care overhaul, their enthusiasm depends on how it’s described to them. Republican and Democratic leaders appear to have figured this out already. [The Associated Press]
- President Obama is creating a task force, led by the Justice Department, to investigate and prosecute past financial crimes and to deter future fraud. [Reuters]
- A registered nurse who lost health coverage for herself and her family speculates that Thomas Jefferson would have regarded access to health care as “a self-evident right of individuals.” [The (Panama City) News Herald]
Follow More Money on Twitter at http://twitter.com/moremoneyblog.