TIME is committed to sharing data about our global employee population annually. Information on gender identity and race is voluntarily self-reported by our employees. Here is how our employees have identified as of April 2021.
• Information on gender identity and race is voluntarily self-reported by TIME employees.
• This data represents the employee population at TIME as of April 1, 2021 (not including temporary and contract workers).
• Leadership here includes our Editor in Chief and CEO, the leaders who report directly to him, and their senior direct reports — which is roughly the top 10% of the company.
• We intend to report on the demographic makeup of our employee population annually each June.
• As a U.S.-headquartered company, the categories used here align with the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) classifications.
• Our employee data platform was previously limited to only binary options on gender identification. For our June 2022 update, we will be expanding the fields to provide more inclusive options around gender identity.