- Intro offer:80,000 points
- Annual fee:$0
- Regular APR:19.49%-28.49% Variable
- Recommended credit score:670-850 (Good to Excellent)
Earn 7X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged directly with hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio. Earn 5X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations. Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Rewards for Hilton purchases and in everyday categories
- No annual fee and no foreign transaction fees (See Rates & Fees)
- Automatic Hilton Honors Silver elite status
- Rewards rate is lower than other Hilton credit cards
- Other Hilton cards grant higher hotel elite status and more added benefits
- Co-branded hotel rewards aren’t as flexible as other travel rewards programs
Additional Card Details
- Complimentary Silver elite status with Hilton, with ability to upgrade to Hilton Honors Gold Status after spending $20,000 on eligible purchases with the card within a calendar year
- Car rental loss and damage insurance when you pay for a rental car with your card
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Access to American Express’s Global Assist® Hotline, which provides 24/7 travel assistance by phone
- Access to additional cards for authorized users, such as your child, spouse, or employee
Hilton Honors American Express Card Full Review
The Hilton Honors American Express Card is a co-branded travel rewards card geared toward frequent Hilton customers.
This card does not have an annual fee.
This card has a welcome offer of 80,000 Hilton Honors bonus points after you spend $1,000 in purchases on the card the first three months
This card offers 7x Hilton Honors Bonus Points on purchases charged directly to a Hilton hotel or resort; 5x Points at restaurants, supermarkets, and gas stations in the U.S.; and 3x Points on everything else.
You’ll earn rewards as Hilton Honors Bonus Points. These points are most valuable when you redeem for future stays with Hilton properties.
This card charges no annual fees and no foreign transaction fees. The card has a variable APR of 19.49% – 28.49% and charges a penalty fee of up to $40 for late or returned payments (See Rates & Fees) .
Occasional travelers or travel card beginners who prefer Hilton properties will enjoy the no annual fee Hilton Honors American Express card. Before applying, make sure you pay off any existing debt and can pay your balance in full each month to avoid this card’s high variable APR.
How to Use the Hilton Honors American Express Card
After approval, you can start accruing points by cashing in on the 80,000-point bonus offer — spend at least $1,000 on purchases using your card within the first 3 months to qualify.
Since the Hilton Honors American Express Card offers more points on paid Hilton stays than in any other category, you should use it each time you stay at any hotel or resort within Hilton’s portfolio. Not only will you earn 7 points per dollar on your hotel booking, but you’ll also get the bonus on incidentals you charge to your card at your Hilton hotel or resort, such as spa treatments and room service.
You’ll also earn 5 points per $1 spent at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets and U.S. gas stations, as well as 3 points per $1 on other purchases. If you don’t have another rewards card that earns higher points or cash back value, the Hilton Honors American Express Card can be a decent option for your everyday spending.
This is an American Express card, but you’ll earn points under the Hilton Honors program, not Amex’s Membership Rewards program. Points redemptions for hotel stays vary based on property and the dates of your booking, so there’s not a standard rate at which you can cash in your points.
But the elite status benefit you get with this card can help you stretch your points even farther. With your automatic Silver elite status, you’ll qualify for a fifth night free when you redeem points for four award stays in a row. This means that, if you find a property you want to book for 60,000 Hilton Honors points per night, you can book five consecutive nights for 240,000 Hilton Honors points instead of 300,000.
In addition to hotel and resort stays, you can use your points toward purchases with merchants like Lyft or Amazon, for car rentals, exclusive experiences through Hilton, or exchange for points or miles with Hilton’s 30+ travel partners.
Hilton Honors American Express Compared to Other Cards
Hilton Honors American Express Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Intro offer:60,000 points
- Annual fee:$95
- Regular APR:19.74% – 26.74% Variable
- Recommended credit:670-850 (Good to Excellent)
- Apply Now At Chase’s secure site
Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
- Intro offer:75,000 miles
- Annual fee:$95
- Regular APR:18.99% – 26.99% (Variable)
- Recommended credit:670-850 (Good to Excellent)
- Apply Now At Capital One’s secure site
Should You Get This Card?
The entry-level Hilton Honors American Express card is a good option for anyone who wants to earn Hilton Honors points toward upcoming hotel stays and enjoy a few added travel benefits without paying an annual fee. Among Hilton’s card lineup, this card is the one that’s best suited for infrequent travelers or those who don’t stay exclusively with the hotel brand.
If you travel frequently to Hilton properties, one of the more premium Hilton options will likely add more value to your Hilton stays. Other co-branded Hilton credit cards — like the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card (See Rates & Fees) and Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card*— charge annual fees ranging from $95 to $450, alongside increased rewards values and hotel benefits.
*All information about the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card has been collected independently by NextAdvisor and has not been reviewed by the issuer.
For rates and fees of Hilton Honors American Express Card, please click here
For rates and fees of Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card, please click here
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Hilton Honors Amex a good card?
The Hilton Honors American Express card is a good option for occasional travelers who want to rack up hotel points with Hilton’s loyalty program. If you travel often or want more premium benefits and perks, other co-branded Hilton Honors credit cards may be a better fit.
What credit score is needed for a Hilton Honors Amex card?
You’ll have the best chances of approval for the Hilton Honors American Express card if your credit score is good to excellent, or 670 and above.
Where can I use my Hilton Honors American Express?
You can use your Hilton Honors American Express Card anywhere Amex cards are accepted, whether you’re shopping online, buying groceries or paying bills. You’ll earn bonus points on your purchases in the following categories:
- 7x Hilton Honors points on purchases made with Hilton
- 5x Hilton Honors points at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations
- 3x Hilton Honors points on all other eligible purchases