Defined by stunning geodiversity, the UAE’s fourth largest emirate continues to attract thrill seekers with its superlative outdoor adventure offerings.
Earlier this year Jais Sledder, the region’s longest toboggan ride, debuted, whizzing through the mountains at close to 25 m.p.h. Named after Jebel Jais, the highest peak in the Hajar Mountains, the attraction joins Jais Flight—the world’s longest zip line–as one of the Middle East’s top adventure activities. Also not for the faint of heart, the newly launched RAK Airventure is a tethered hot-air balloon experience—the 10- minute flight soars nearly 100 ft. high, capturing a breathtaking panorama of the region’s natural and urban landscape. Later in the year, Jebel Jais will unveil Jais Wings, which allows visitors to paraglide above spectacular scenery. Next year, Jais Swing will offer a different perspective on the same views; and Jais Yard, a culinary village with food trucks, an open-air movie theater, and children’s play areas, will welcome guests.
Fresh additions to Ras Al Khaimah’s hospitality scene, like the InterContinental Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa, and the Movenpick Resort Al Marjan Island, will provide travelers with luxurious enclaves where they can recharge.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out