Defined by stunning geodiversity, the UAE’s fourth largest emirate continues to attract thrill seekers with its superlative outdoor adventure offerings.
Earlier this year Jais Sledder, the region’s longest toboggan ride, debuted, whizzing through the mountains at close to 25 m.p.h. Named after Jebel Jais, the highest peak in the Hajar Mountains, the attraction joins Jais Flight—the world’s longest zip line–as one of the Middle East’s top adventure activities. Also not for the faint of heart, the newly launched RAK Airventure is a tethered hot-air balloon experience—the 10- minute flight soars nearly 100 ft. high, capturing a breathtaking panorama of the region’s natural and urban landscape. Later in the year, Jebel Jais will unveil Jais Wings, which allows visitors to paraglide above spectacular scenery. Next year, Jais Swing will offer a different perspective on the same views; and Jais Yard, a culinary village with food trucks, an open-air movie theater, and children’s play areas, will welcome guests.
Fresh additions to Ras Al Khaimah’s hospitality scene, like the InterContinental Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa, and the Movenpick Resort Al Marjan Island, will provide travelers with luxurious enclaves where they can recharge.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time