Defined by stunning geodiversity, the UAE’s fourth largest emirate continues to attract thrill seekers with its superlative outdoor adventure offerings.
Earlier this year Jais Sledder, the region’s longest toboggan ride, debuted, whizzing through the mountains at close to 25 m.p.h. Named after Jebel Jais, the highest peak in the Hajar Mountains, the attraction joins Jais Flight—the world’s longest zip line–as one of the Middle East’s top adventure activities. Also not for the faint of heart, the newly launched RAK Airventure is a tethered hot-air balloon experience—the 10- minute flight soars nearly 100 ft. high, capturing a breathtaking panorama of the region’s natural and urban landscape. Later in the year, Jebel Jais will unveil Jais Wings, which allows visitors to paraglide above spectacular scenery. Next year, Jais Swing will offer a different perspective on the same views; and Jais Yard, a culinary village with food trucks, an open-air movie theater, and children’s play areas, will welcome guests.
Fresh additions to Ras Al Khaimah’s hospitality scene, like the InterContinental Ras Al Khaimah Mina Al Arab Resort and Spa, and the Movenpick Resort Al Marjan Island, will provide travelers with luxurious enclaves where they can recharge.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating