Bali is bringing the heat this year with numerous openings, including the kind of big-ticket luxury resorts and wellness experiences that make it the ideal escape for those looking to reconnect with nature and themselves.
The long-anticipated Raffles Bali opened late last year in Jimbaran Bay, where guests enjoy the attention of a “well-being butler,” who does everything from drawing a bath with rose petals to providing aloe for over-sunned skin. Watch the sunset on the spectacular outdoor terrace of the Writers Bar, Bali Sling in hand.
Inland about a 40-minute drive north of Ubud is Buahan, a Banyan Tree Escape, which offers open-air villas for an off-the-grid jungle experience. For artsy types, a stay at sustainability-focused Desa Potato Head in Seminyak is a must. Andaz Sanur Bali, designed to mimic a traditional Balinese villa, offers three pools and a gorgeous beach on the southeastern coast. Wellness enthusiasts will find their bliss at the new Angsana Saranam Wellbeing Resort situated in the central highlands amid the mountains of Bedugul. And the new Anantara Ubud Bali Resort will have 15 residences for sale, should you want to make your stay in Bali a little more permanent.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time