With almost 200 miles of pristine coastline fringed by the emerald forests of the Sierra Madre and the Pacific Ocean, Riviera Nayarit offers the coast’s most unspoiled tropical beauty. A host of luxury hotels (upcoming and recently opened) are enticing travelers to experience this under-the-radar region. Susurros del Corazón, a seaside stunner from Auberge Resorts Collection, is scheduled to open in Punta de Mita in November, with 26 guest rooms and 36 indoor-outdoor terraced suites, decorated with Mexican furnishings and textiles from local artisans.
Also later this year, the Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita is expanding its footprint with the opening of Naviva, an all-inclusive adults-only enclave with 15 luxury tents with private plunge pools.
Recently acquired by World of Hyatt, the all-inclusive newly opened adults-only Secrets Bahia Mita and family-friendly Dreams Bahia Mita share the same beachfront Sordo Madaleno–designed property facing the Bay of Banderas, which includes a swim-up bar and a water park.
Besides the 23 beach towns to explore in the area, the most anticipated attraction is Islas Marías Biosphere Reserve, four islands off the coast of Nayarit that once housed a prison, which have been transformed into a UNESCO protected area set to open this summer.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working