The capital of Ontario—a multidimensional, forward-thinking, diverse city—is experiencing a growth spurt, thanks to a slate of new hotel openings, including W Toronto. But even beyond hospitality, Toronto is a city begging to be discovered and appreciated. On deck this year: the Frida Immersive Dream, from the creators of the immersive Van Gogh exhibit; ArtworxTO, a yearlong initiative showcasing Toronto’s diversity as it supports its local artists; and the Toronto Biennial of Art, featuring citywide programming intended to inspire global conversations. And just in time for summer, the Lake Shore Inflatable Water Park debuted, adding a family-friendly attraction right off the shore of Ontario Place.
In between excursions, lounge in CIBC Square Park, an elevated park—the city’s first, in an ongoing effort to create green spaces amid skyscrapers—complete with public wi-fi and spectacular city views.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time