“If you build it, they will come” seems to be Park City’s mantra. The charming ski town rose to fame hosting the annual Sundance Film Festival, a star-studded celebs-in-snow-boots event, but is now growing into a major winter and summer destination on par with Aspen.
Recent additions to the area’s luxury resort collection include the Pendry Park City—its location in the center of Canyons Village is a harbinger of greater things to come for this oft overshadowed area. And over in Deer Valley, the iconic boutique Goldener Hirsch debuts 40 residences, joining the Auberge Resorts Collection. Restaurants Tupelo Park City and KITA (at the Pendry) boost the city’s culinary chops.
But it’s not all upscale accommodations, new restaurants, and ski-in ski-out at this beloved winter escape: the city is enticing summer visitors with golfing, hiking, fly-fishing, and mountain-biking opportunities set on a mesmerizing backdrop.
The town’s aspirations to be a creative hub beyond Sundance are evidenced in a new arts-and-culture district centered on the Kimball Art Center and Sundance Institute. Park City Song Summit—with live music and chances for fans to connect with artists—debuts in September.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now