Title: Examining The Negatives
Whenever I feel stuck, I look within. I hone in on my negatives, turn them into art, and ultimately grow from the connection that occurs when sharing them with the outside world. Sometimes our darkest demons become our most relatable art. This photo is a reminder that when we’re stuck, or feel out of control, we can always look within to initiate change. Examine the negatives first, and growth will surely follow.
About the Artist
In her work, Julie Pacino features subjects that exist between binaries and their expected roles. Her films and photographs spark conversations about the interplay between sexuality and power, the communal and the autocratic, and frequently use psychological horror to embody existing power structures.
View on OpenSea here.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption