Julie Pacino is an award-winning photographer and filmmaker born in New York and based in Los Angeles. Pacino was invited to TIMEPieces by Houda Bakkali.
Title: Find Your Muse
Center stage, an artist cares for her muse. Scraps of film and an upturned camera show that beyond technique and ambition, art comes from the fundamental tenderness we hold for each other. Together they represent the power of empathy, and the influence of love. In their embrace, these two women can leave behind a dark past for a brighter future.
About the Artist
In her work, Julie Pacino features subjects that exist between binaries and their expected roles. Her films and photographs spark conversations about the interplay between sexuality and power, the communal and the autocratic, and frequently use psychological horror to embody existing power structures.
@juliepacino | @julie_pacino | www.juliepacino.com
View on OpenSea here.
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement