Julie Pacino is an award-winning photographer and filmmaker born in New York and based in Los Angeles. Pacino was invited to TIMEPieces by Houda Bakkali.
Title: Find Your Muse
Center stage, an artist cares for her muse. Scraps of film and an upturned camera show that beyond technique and ambition, art comes from the fundamental tenderness we hold for each other. Together they represent the power of empathy, and the influence of love. In their embrace, these two women can leave behind a dark past for a brighter future.
About the Artist
In her work, Julie Pacino features subjects that exist between binaries and their expected roles. Her films and photographs spark conversations about the interplay between sexuality and power, the communal and the autocratic, and frequently use psychological horror to embody existing power structures.
View on OpenSea here.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List