Cath Simard is a Canadian-born photographer, digital artist and educator with an instantly recognizable style that meticulously blends reality with her own imagination. Simard was invited to TIMEPieces by John Knopf.
Title: La Dérive
We become the stories of the places we’ve seen. As we explore the unknown, we build ourselves better. Drifting away in a world of ethereal glass, water reveals the reflection of the Self. There’s no time, no end, only the future.
About the Artist
Rooted in an immense passion for the outdoors and wilderness, Cath mostly captures the world as little pieces of a puzzle and brings them together into iconic composite images that often leave her audience breathless as they question their own sense of perspective and reality. Her work has been shared millions of times on social media and featured in publications like Sony Alpha Universe, DP Review, Art of Visuals, Open Skies Magazine and Patagon Journal.
Cath leads multi-day workshops and expeditions in places like Patagonia, The Andes, Iceland, and Canadian Rockies while sharing her work on her art with her audience. Due to the nature of her work, she only releases 10-12 artworks per year. Each image is the result of hundreds of kilometres hiked, days exploring the wilderness and hours spent creating behind the computer.
For Cath, art gives her a true sense of purpose and self-expression. With her work, she wishes to inspire others to break out of their own comfort zone and explore a world of endless Possibilities.
View on OpenSea here.
- How the Anti-Vax Movement Is Taking Over the Right
- What Happens Next in Ukraine Could Change Europe Forever
- There's So Much More To Say About Bill Cosby
- Death Doulas Used to Be Rare. The COVID-19 Pandemic Changed That
- What It Feels Like to Be a Muslim Woman Auctioned Online by India's Right Wing
- America's First Openly Trans City Council President Wants to Heal Minneapolis
- The World's Farmers Need to Prepare for Serious Cash Crop Disruption