Charm Industrial CEO Peter Reinhardt is developing a new way to sequester CO2. Charm uses high heat to convert biomass from overgrown forests and agricultural sources into “bio oil,” then stores that liquid in former oil wells—preventing the plants from releasing CO2 into the atmosphere upon decomposition. The method has attracted a lot of attention in the world of carbon removal, with Charm raising $100 million in June.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time