Principled, strategic, and trusted—America is blessed by Shalanda Young’s outstanding leadership. During her nearly 15 years with the House Appropriations Committee, Shalanda was masterful in helping marshal the power of the purse in response to harrowing moments: from an historic government shutdown to the pandemic. Simply put, she was indispensable.
Shalanda has an encyclopedic knowledge of the issues and the legislative process. And key to her effectiveness is that she has earned the trust of members of Congress, commanding respect from both sides of the aisle and both chambers of Congress.
Now, she is helping lay the foundation for our future. America’s budget is a statement of values—and in her fierce fight for our values, Shalanda’s unyielding commitment to working families shines through. As director of the Office of Management and Budget, her leadership gives us all hope.
Pelosi, a Democrat, is Speaker Emerita of the U.S. House of Representatives
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time