When your father is T.D. Jakes and you follow his footsteps into the world of ministry, there’s a lot of pressure to find your own voice. I’ve known Sarah Jakes Roberts since she was a child, and just as much as she’s her father’s daughter, she’s always stood out as totally and uniquely her own. She found her voice early.
More from TIME
Now, as co-pastor of the Potter’s House churches in L.A. and Denver, that same voice speaks loudly to a generation desperately in need of compassion, teaching, and love. Her lived experience using the grace of prayer to find a way through personal pain and tragedy resonates deeply with so many. It’s what has allowed her to connect with millions of other women through her incredible ministry and Woman Evolve conference. As Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” This is all in Sarah’s DNA. I couldn’t be more proud.
Perry is a producer, writer, director, and philanthropist
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time