When your father is T.D. Jakes and you follow his footsteps into the world of ministry, there’s a lot of pressure to find your own voice. I’ve known Sarah Jakes Roberts since she was a child, and just as much as she’s her father’s daughter, she’s always stood out as totally and uniquely her own. She found her voice early.
More from TIME
Now, as co-pastor of the Potter’s House churches in L.A. and Denver, that same voice speaks loudly to a generation desperately in need of compassion, teaching, and love. Her lived experience using the grace of prayer to find a way through personal pain and tragedy resonates deeply with so many. It’s what has allowed her to connect with millions of other women through her incredible ministry and Woman Evolve conference. As Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” This is all in Sarah’s DNA. I couldn’t be more proud.
Perry is a producer, writer, director, and philanthropist
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time