Most new members of Congress aim to spend their first term learning the ways of Capitol Hill. Anna Paulina Luna wants to change them. As the architect of the House GOP’s censure of California Democrat Adam Schiff, who led Donald Trump’s first impeachment, the charismatic Florida freshman is on a mission to disrupt the governing class. Some Republicans who initially opposed the measure fell in line after Luna orchestrated a social media backlash against them. It was a moment Luna was made for after running Hispanic outreach for the pro-Trump youth group Turning Point USA, where she mastered the art of provocative internet virality. Now the youngest House Republican is using her digital prowess to lead a new class of populists working to redefine the Republican Party.
More from TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time