As a teen, Xiye Bastida was known as a progressive voice within New York City’s climate movement. Now leaders around the world have heard her call for change. In 2020, Xiye co-founded the Re-Earth Initiative—an international, youth-led organization devoted to magnifying the intersections of the climate crisis with other forms of injustice. Her unwavering commitment to amplifying the voices of marginalized individuals and communities stands as a testament to her character. Just a few years later, Xiye is already one of the most prominent climate-justice activists of our generation, her call for change heard by leaders around the world. As we march toward a brighter future, Xiye’s example serves as a guiding light—a constant reminder that the pursuit of a more equitable world requires advocates like her standing in solidarity with and lifting up others as they pave the way to a just and sustainable world.
Cobo is an environmental activist
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time