The climate crisis is an existential threat and a grave injustice that can feel insurmountable. Yet Elizabeth Wathuti’s rallying activism shows us that we all have the power to forge a safer and more sustainable future, if only we choose to.
Driven by the devastating impacts of climate change in Kenya, Elizabeth’s Green Generation Initiative encourages young people to love nature while supporting communities to implement climate solutions. Compassion for people and planet is essential to her work. We must open our hearts, listen to those most affected by the climate crisis, and act, she told delegates at COP26.
Her tenacious belief in our human capacity to do what is right should move and inspire us all. She demonstrates that climate action requires urgency, but that together we can—and must—create a better world.
Robinson is the chair of The Elders and a former President of Ireland
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time