The climate crisis is an existential threat and a grave injustice that can feel insurmountable. Yet Elizabeth Wathuti’s rallying activism shows us that we all have the power to forge a safer and more sustainable future, if only we choose to.
Driven by the devastating impacts of climate change in Kenya, Elizabeth’s Green Generation Initiative encourages young people to love nature while supporting communities to implement climate solutions. Compassion for people and planet is essential to her work. We must open our hearts, listen to those most affected by the climate crisis, and act, she told delegates at COP26.
Her tenacious belief in our human capacity to do what is right should move and inspire us all. She demonstrates that climate action requires urgency, but that together we can—and must—create a better world.
Robinson is the chair of The Elders and a former President of Ireland
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk