Kaja Kallas first contacted me only hours after taking office as the Prime Minister of Estonia in January 2021. Ever since, we have worked together closely, strengthening our bilateral relations and those within the European Union.
Together, we share an agenda of ambitious climate policy and transformation of our energy policies, emphasizing renewables while cutting our dependence on Russian fossil energy.
Within the E.U., Kallas is a strong voice in our joint support for Ukraine, which is suffering from the unjustified aggression of Russia. The fundamental change in our security environment has led Finland and Sweden to seek NATO membership. Estonia’s support for our bid has been unwavering throughout the process. Kaja Kallas is leading her country with a strong European conviction, which will undoubtedly grow even deeper with the strengthened joint defense of our region. Our frequent meetings as leaders of our governments are also meetings of minds.
Marin is the Prime Minister of Finland
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023