Kaja Kallas first contacted me only hours after taking office as the Prime Minister of Estonia in January 2021. Ever since, we have worked together closely, strengthening our bilateral relations and those within the European Union.
Together, we share an agenda of ambitious climate policy and transformation of our energy policies, emphasizing renewables while cutting our dependence on Russian fossil energy.
Within the E.U., Kallas is a strong voice in our joint support for Ukraine, which is suffering from the unjustified aggression of Russia. The fundamental change in our security environment has led Finland and Sweden to seek NATO membership. Estonia’s support for our bid has been unwavering throughout the process. Kaja Kallas is leading her country with a strong European conviction, which will undoubtedly grow even deeper with the strengthened joint defense of our region. Our frequent meetings as leaders of our governments are also meetings of minds.
Marin is the Prime Minister of Finland
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time