As a society, we are at an inflection point. We must decide our values and best practices around data privacy, internet security, the protection of fundamental freedoms, and the best way to use the internet for the betterment of all people. Andy Yen, the CEO of Proton, stands out among those leading the charge. ProtonMail is an encrypted email platform, but the company and Andy’s vision reach far beyond one communication service. His passion for building alternatives to the world we have come to know is inspiring, and his advocacy for policy changes to protect people carves a practical and sustainable path to a more ethical online world. He is always willing to use his voice to start conversations imperative to the way we could and should live, and his actions and creations offer solutions that disrupt the status quo. Andy is truly a luminary among the next generation of tech leaders.
Berners-Lee is a computer scientist, the inventor of the World Wide Web, and is on Proton’s advisory board
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far