Pastry chef Natasha Pickowicz is making a difference, one sticky bun at a time. When the pandemic put millions, including Pickowicz, out of work, the two-time James Beard Award semifinalist found solace in home baking. In the summer of 2020 she launched Never Ending Taste—a pastry pop-up that raises money for nonprofits, including ones combatting food insecurity—in New York City. In collaboration with other chefs, Pickowicz has raised more than $180,000 through old-school bake sales. She’s now working on her debut cookbook.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time