Not many people celebrate a sold-out show at Madison Square Garden by smashing a champagne flute on their head, but when Machine Gun Kelly does, it just makes sense. When he is performing, you can’t help but love him even more because he puts on such a good show. You never know what he will do next. He might hang from a helicopter, climb up 60 feet of scaffolding, or zip-line across a stadium.
He’s grown in the most authentic way, starting as a rapper and evolving into one of the biggest rock stars in the world. I have a lot of respect for him and how thoughtful he is with his craft. And not only is he a great musician and songwriter—as heard on his recent album, Mainstream Sellout—but he also acts, directs, and is an amazing father.
He’s constantly raising the bar for himself and for the world around him. That attitude can inspire a new generation.
Lavigne is a Grammy-nominated musician
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time