Not many people celebrate a sold-out show at Madison Square Garden by smashing a champagne flute on their head, but when Machine Gun Kelly does, it just makes sense. When he is performing, you can’t help but love him even more because he puts on such a good show. You never know what he will do next. He might hang from a helicopter, climb up 60 feet of scaffolding, or zip-line across a stadium.
He’s grown in the most authentic way, starting as a rapper and evolving into one of the biggest rock stars in the world. I have a lot of respect for him and how thoughtful he is with his craft. And not only is he a great musician and songwriter—as heard on his recent album, Mainstream Sellout—but he also acts, directs, and is an amazing father.
He’s constantly raising the bar for himself and for the world around him. That attitude can inspire a new generation.
Lavigne is a Grammy-nominated musician
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022