“What’s poppin?” That was the first time I heard Jack Harlow, and I couldn’t have pulled my phone out any faster to Shazam the song. That usually leads to a string of phone calls and emails to see if an artist is ready to perform or debut on The Tonight Show—and word back from his team was, “He’s ready.” It’s been fun to ride with him—from that race against time on Shazam, to his debut TV performance, to being part of his viral VMA opening, to his actually co-hosting The Tonight Show with me. And this is just the beginning for Jack Harlow.
Fallon is a comedian and host of The Tonight Show
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism