When we wrapped Fire Island, which Joel Kim Booster wrote, produced, and starred in, we were given a gift of shorts that said IT’S GIVING MOVIE. That’s exactly what I think when I look at Joel. He’s giving star. He’s giving excellence. He’s giving the queer Asian Americans something truly amazing to aspire to. And he’s giving laughter and lots of important observations on race, class, culture, sex, and being gay in all of those realms. He’s giving voice to the previously unheard and unknown. He’s giving a gorgeous face to the invisible. As a fellow Asian American queer comedian, he’s giving community. And together, we are giving family.
Cho is a comedian and Emmy-nominated actor
Styled by Corey Ng; Grooming by Sierra Elliott
Set Design by Julia Tang
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time