A show like Emily in Paris stands on the shoulders of a single person. So when people respond to the show, I know that on some level what they’re really drawn to is the essence of Lily Collins. Her smile can light up a room or a screen. Her warmth lifts everybody up with her. Romantic comedy is much harder than it looks, but Lily makes it seem effortless. She has the most amazing equanimity about her—the best attitude, inspiring work ethic, and such a positive spirit. It really sets such a wonderful tone for the show and makes it such a dream to work on. And Lily’s joy, her je ne sais quoi, leaps from the boulevards of Paris into the hearts of the audience worldwide.
Star is an Emmy-winning television producer and creator of Emily in Paris
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time