A show like Emily in Paris stands on the shoulders of a single person. So when people respond to the show, I know that on some level what they’re really drawn to is the essence of Lily Collins. Her smile can light up a room or a screen. Her warmth lifts everybody up with her. Romantic comedy is much harder than it looks, but Lily makes it seem effortless. She has the most amazing equanimity about her—the best attitude, inspiring work ethic, and such a positive spirit. It really sets such a wonderful tone for the show and makes it such a dream to work on. And Lily’s joy, her je ne sais quoi, leaps from the boulevards of Paris into the hearts of the audience worldwide.
Star is an Emmy-winning television producer and creator of Emily in Paris
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism