Lashana Lynch is a spiritual and professional life force, a divine light keeper. It permeates from her when she enters a room. As a performer, she holds bold, quiet, unapologetic confidence and the wisdom of knowing what she was put on this earth to do—and a willingness to inject it in others. It is that rare gift that only lives in our heroes. She is someone who will fight beside you, hold you up when you cannot stand, see you despite your invisibility to others, and blast a hole in this lifetime to remind us that she was HERE! She is an Agojie, a warrior, and a titan who will influence an entire generation.
Davis, who appears with Lynch in the film The Woman King, is a producer and Oscar-winning actor
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction