Keke Palmer is one of the most talented human beings I’ve ever met.
When she was younger and we first crossed paths, she already was brimming with so much energy and power, so much humor, and so much light and professionalism. Then I got to meet her family and her siblings, and I immediately understood how she was already so remarkably together at such a young age: she was surrounded by true love and true caring.
Watching Keke evolve as a young woman has been a joy. She is the epitome of grace, poise, and honesty. To watch her grow as an artist, taking on a range of challenging roles—including her stunning performances in Akeelah and the Bee, Pimp, and the critically acclaimed 2022 blockbuster Nope—has been inspiring to me as a fellow actor. Not to mention, the girl can sing! But then again, this young champion has been inspiring adults for many, many years.
Keke is the future, and I can’t wait to see the things that she will do as she continues on her journey.
Queen Latifah is a Grammy-winning musician and Oscar-nominated actor
Styled by Wayman Bannerman + Micah McDonald; Hair by Ricardo Roberts; Make-up by Jordana David
Set Design by Winston Studios
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023