Amber Ruffin combines a boundless optimism for the best humanity has to offer with a wary eye for when it lets us down. She pulls no punches, but with each knockout she extends a friendly hand to lift you off the mat. She won’t tell you things are O.K. to make you feel better. She’ll tell you how to be better so things are O.K. Amber Ruffin has been ready for this moment for a long time, but there’s never been a moment we have needed her more. She’s a hilarious writer, gifted sketch performer, talented singer, so-so dancer (Don’t be mad, Amber! TIME fact-checked it!) and loving truth teller. People have correctly noted that 2020 was not the finest of years, but it did give us The Amber Ruffin Show, and for that we should look back fondly and smile. It’s what Amber would do!
Meyers is the host of Late Night With Seth Meyers
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement