In 2020, Tesla became the most valuable car company in the world, earning it a spot on the S&P 500 index. Just 18 years old—a newcomer compared with the legacy automotive companies—and with its first profitable year now under its belt, Tesla continues to move beyond just manufacturing some of the world’s most glamorous cars. It has also established itself as a leader in the renewable electric-energy sector, with its Powerwall, Powerpack and Solar Roof divisions providing electric-energy generation and storage for businesses, utilities and homes. The cars are cool; the commitment to clean, renewable energy is cooler.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time