Pre-pandemic, stopping into CVS was often just another errand on a to-do list. But these days, that trip could be the most anticipated event of the year. The pharmacy chain, led by CEO Karen Lynch, has become one of the top U.S. COVID-19 vaccine administrators, with more than 10 million doses given as of April 1, topping the total number of vaccines given by all but four states as of April 19. Shots are available in nearly 2,000 CVS locations across the country, and the pharmacy has also brought vaccines into long-term-care facilities nationwide.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving