Founded in 2018 by pop superstar Rihanna, fresh off the success of her Fenty Beauty makeup line, Savage X Fenty is a new kind of lingerie company: one with body positivity at its core. Its catalog ranges from XS through 3X and includes everything from classic T-shirt bras and lacy balconettes to a sheer, tiger-striped crotchless catsuit. The online brand’s ethos is resonating: its sales grew by more than 200% in 2020 despite the pandemic, and its second fashion show—which debuted on Amazon Prime in October—won raves for featuring an inclusive cast of models, as well as appearances by artists such as Rosalía, Lizzo, Bad Bunny and Travis Scott. A $115 million investment round, announced in February, will propel Savage X Fenty’s expansion into the world of physical retail. As a result, though the timing of the expansion remains TBD, the lingerie brand is now worth $1 billion.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving