Over the past year, many of us needed help destressing. Just ask mindfulness startup Headspace, whose app offers soothing sounds, guided meditations and movement exercises to more than 70 million users; downloads of the app doubled by mid-March last year compared with the rate before the company’s COVID response. To reach those who might need it most, Headspace—whose services typically cost $12.99 a month—offered more than a million free subscriptions to health care workers, educators and unemployed individuals. It has also partnered with companies such as Starbucks, Unilever and Adobe to offer access to employees. And now, Headspace has an animated Netflix series, which guides viewers through techniques to help with stress and sleep.
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time