Over the past year, many of us needed help destressing. Just ask mindfulness startup Headspace, whose app offers soothing sounds, guided meditations and movement exercises to more than 70 million users; downloads of the app doubled by mid-March last year compared with the rate before the company’s COVID response. To reach those who might need it most, Headspace—whose services typically cost $12.99 a month—offered more than a million free subscriptions to health care workers, educators and unemployed individuals. It has also partnered with companies such as Starbucks, Unilever and Adobe to offer access to employees. And now, Headspace has an animated Netflix series, which guides viewers through techniques to help with stress and sleep.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time