California-based online pharmacy Honeybee Health led the industry in supplying medication abortion in 2020. Jessica Nouhavandi, the co-founder, co-CEO, and lead pharmacist, unflinchingly rode the regulatory waves during the pandemic and when Roe v. Wade was overturned. Having been the first pharmacy officially cleared by the FDA to dispense abortion pills via mail, in 2023 it was also the first to satisfy new permanent requirements, continued to meet increasing demand, and kept its 36-hour turnaround time from prescription to delivery. Nouhavandi is clear: current legal challenges to medication abortion won’t slow her down. “There’s really not much that can shake us at this point,” she says. “We’re not going to change what we do.”
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time