Two weapons have proved particularly crucial in Ukraine’s fight against Russia—both made by the largest U.S. defense contractor, which has upped production to fill new orders. High Mobility Artillery Rocket System vehicles can fire rockets to hit targets nearly 50 miles away, and the shoulder-mounted antitank Javelin system (jointly produced with Raytheon) allows troops to quickly take cover after firing a guided missile. The U.S. has provided more than 10,000 of the latter to Ukraine as of May 21. “[Our products] have proven to be effective for Ukrainian forces courageously defending their nation,” says COO Frank St. John. The company’s stock has benefited too, rising more than 25% from January 2022 to June 2023.
More from TIME
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time