A few years ago, it may have looked as if Microsoft’s most revolutionary days were over. But CEO Satya Nadella has quietly been making smart bets on AI, which have begun to pay off big-time. Billion-dollar investments in OpenAI—which uses Microsoft supercomputers to power its breakout chatbot ChatGPT—positioned the company at the fore of the AI revolution, prompting competitors like Google to respond. Microsoft is now integrating AI into its software, from Bing to Office, touching the lives of hundreds of millions of users. Its subsidiary Github uses OpenAI’s tech to power Copilot, a tool with 100 million users that has revolutionized coding by allowing people to turn natural language into functional computer code.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time