Scientist Jeff Vinokur wanted to make his subject exciting for kids in classrooms. In 2017, he and TV executive Eric Rollman co-founded Generation Genius, an educational streaming service that makes science and math videos and other content for K-8 schools. It now reaches children in 30% of all U.S. elementary schools. In high-energy videos made in partnership with the National Science Teaching Association, Vinokur and diverse casts of young people explore everything from the seasons to the water cycle to chemical reactions. This year, Generation Genius began offering science kits so kids can continue learning at home.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time