About 35% of all U.S. internet traffic in the past year was driven by bots, and it has cost businesses roughly $81 billion in advertising fraud worldwide in 2022, a figure that is expected to reach $100 billion this year. Cybersecurity firm Human Security aims to disrupt these operations. In the past year, Human’s teams took down two massive ad-bot fraud campaigns: Scylla, which targeted 89 apps and had been downloaded over 13 million times; and Vastflux, which spoofed more than 1,700 apps, targeted 120 publishers, and ran ads on nearly 11 million devices. CEO and former Air Force major Tamer Hassan runs the company with military precision, to the tune of $100 million in annual recurring revenue in 2022.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time