In 2022, Mark Cuban’s online pharmacy Cost Plus Drugs set out to transform the industry by offering medications at their true cost, plus a 15% markup and pharmacy fee. That’s a fraction of what many pay at pharmacies, and can save patients hundreds or even thousands of dollars—and Cost Plus continues to expand its offerings. “We are adding specialty and branded drugs along with biosimilars,” Cuban told TIME in an email. “We have also put together an affiliate retail pharmacy network so people can pick up medications locally.” This year it started accepting some insurance (from small and medium insurers), and Cuban says it’s “almost done” building a factory to manufacture drugs.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time