In 2022, Canva emerged as a major work-software competitor with a visual bent, expanding from a design platform for social media graphics to AI-powered tools and a workplace suite capable of going toe to toe with Microsoft Office and Google Workspace. Last fall the company launched its Visual Worksuite software package (from documents to presentations, videos, websites, and whiteboards); a new text-to-image app; and Magic Write, an AI-powered writing assistant. Along the way Canva’s customer growth flourished, topping 110 million users by year’s end. It also offers its tools free to 400,000 nonprofits and 35 million students and teachers around the world.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time