In 2023, it’s still a victory for nonmale S&P 500 CEOs to outnumber those named John. Through coaching, peer groups, and talks with leaders like Michelle Obama, membership-based Chief helps female and nonbinary executives get raises and promotions. A member survey last year found nearly half had received a raise since joining. Chief also works to stave off burnout. “We want to make sure that women leaders aren’t dropping out when they hit these positions of power,” says CBO Lindsay Kaplan, who co-founded the company with CEO Carolyn Childers. The network faced criticism of its approach to racial inclusivity, but continues to grow. In 2023, it launched Chief Enterprise to help companies like Morgan Stanley and IBM advance gender-diversity goals.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time