As much as a third of the world’s food—accounting for up to 10% of global greenhouse emissions—is discarded every year, even as millions go hungry. Too Good To Go and CEO Mette Lykke aim to slash that number by enabling their 54 million app users in 17 countries to order unsold or soon-to-expire food from grocery stores and restaurants for a third of the usual cost. The company’s success—it has saved 124 million meals from landfills since 2016, and revenue jumped 87%, to $73.6 million, last year—also underscores the struggle many people face to afford basic necessities.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time