Social platform IMVU has long been a big player in the metaverse game, with 7 million monthly users. Last year, parent company Together Labs took things a step further with the launch of VCOIN, a blockchain-based cryptocurrency that users can spend within IMVU or convert to real-world money. VCOIN, the only active cryptocurrency for which the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has issued a no-action letter (giving it legal stability), creates the “building blocks” for other metaverses to establish their own future cryptocurrencies, says Together Labs CEO Daren Tsui.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time