Social platform IMVU has long been a big player in the metaverse game, with 7 million monthly users. Last year, parent company Together Labs took things a step further with the launch of VCOIN, a blockchain-based cryptocurrency that users can spend within IMVU or convert to real-world money. VCOIN, the only active cryptocurrency for which the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has issued a no-action letter (giving it legal stability), creates the “building blocks” for other metaverses to establish their own future cryptocurrencies, says Together Labs CEO Daren Tsui.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer