Social platform IMVU has long been a big player in the metaverse game, with 7 million monthly users. Last year, parent company Together Labs took things a step further with the launch of VCOIN, a blockchain-based cryptocurrency that users can spend within IMVU or convert to real-world money. VCOIN, the only active cryptocurrency for which the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has issued a no-action letter (giving it legal stability), creates the “building blocks” for other metaverses to establish their own future cryptocurrencies, says Together Labs CEO Daren Tsui.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time