“Baby Shark,” which this January became the first YouTube video to be viewed more than 10 billion times, is more than just a catchy song—it’s a big business for its creator, South Korea’s The Pinkfong Company. Paramount announced in February that a feature-length Baby Shark movie is in the works, and an animated series for preschoolers that launched on Nickelodeon last spring is now headed into Season 2. The company has also started selling Baby Shark NFTs, expanding its merchandising efforts into the digital realm.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time