High costs and inadequate phone services can make it difficult for incarcerated people and their loved ones to keep in touch. Pigeonly, which enables users to look up an inmate and then helps them set up a prison phone account, offers rates of just 6¢ a minute, compared with an average of $1 per minute for most U.S. prisons and jails. The company, which operates in over 70 U.S. and international jurisdictions, is at the forefront of global efforts to humanely reform prison and jail systems.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time